- 1 package Zapata Zucchini pasta
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. smoked mozzarella, grated (about 1 cup) + more for serving
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, torn + more for serving
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until almost tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain.
- Add pasta, mozzarella, basil, and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to pepper mixture and toss to coat. (Add more pasta water if needed to create a sauce.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with mozzarella and basil.