- 1 package Bandera Black Olive pasta
- 3 tablespoons AGF Organic Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-low heat in a medium saucepan or skillet then add the bread crumbs to the pan. Turn the heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until the bread crumbs are crisp. Remove from the heat and remove crumbs from pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium heat, and add the remaining olive oil the red pepper flakes and the tomatoes, and capers. Bring to a simmer, and simmer until the tomatoes have cooked down and smell fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the water comes to a boil add pasta. Cook al dente, following the cooking recommendations on the package but checking about a minute before the suggested time. Drain, and toss with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parsley on top, toss again briefly and serve, passing the Parmesan at the table.